“Customers’ expectations may not always be satisfied, but they always need to feel respected.”
There are a great number of companies utilizing telemarketing around the world. So what exactly separates CES from the very large pack?
1. Agents are not calling to sell anything; however, calls have and will end with sales opportunities, and ultimately disarm any cautions customers may have.
2. Agents are informing customers of products they already own, which gives the customer a great impression of the dealership.
3. Agents have no call quota, allowing them to provide their current caller as much time as necessary to satisfy the dealership’s customers.
4. Agents are aloof. If the customer does not want their login information, the agent is content to simply inform the customer and thank them for their business.
These three characteristics have a major result that many dealerships attempt to create, but often fail: A relationship with the customer.
CES Agents are also aware of the delicate situation they are in. When dealing with notifications or phone calls, CES Agents do not comment on anything other than prepaid maintenance and only if they have the information right in front of them. There are even cardinal rules that all agents must follow:
1. Never indicate that someone at the dealership misinformed the customer just to be agreeable.
2. Warranties and service contracts are off-limits. Any questions regarding these must be answered through appropriate representatives of the dealership.
3. Billing and payment information is also off-limits.
Customers who log into their PCP online accounts are able to schedule appointments online with their dealership and ask questions using a chat system. CES Agents carefully read these messages sent by the customers and answer the customers directly, if possible, or reach out to the dealership for further assistance. Customers’ messages can range from the mostly requested oil change appointment to concerns about the structural integrity of their purchased vehicle. The following are imperatives during this process:
1. Promptness: Customers should be answered as efficiently as possible.
2. Up-to-the-minute updates: Customers should be informed if there is a delay to their question being answered. (e.g. dealership being closed.)
3. Friendly but professional: Customers should be treated with respect, but kindness and empathy go a long way.
Notification practices can also be customized to match the desires of the dealership. If a dealership’s Business Development Center would like to answer their notifications, the PCP website can automatically send email alerts of notifications to a designated email for that BDC. If the dealership would like to be the first-responder to these notifications, but would also like the CES to be their backup, this can also be done.
Traditional Phone Calls
The CES Department is responsible for contacting customers who have not logged into their online PCP accounts and often, but not always, have never used their prepaid maintenance services. The function of the CES Agent is three-fold:
1. Inform the customer of their prepaid maintenance services and the features of these services. (Website, gifting services, use on any vehicle, etc.)
2. Provide the customer with their login information for online features and/or verbally list the customer’s list of redeemable services.
3. Take notes of above actions, as well as any other concerns or questions the customers may have.
The CES Agents will answer most questions customers may have about their prepaid maintenance program. However, when the customer’s concerns or questions are outside of the agent’s expertise, they will contact the customer’s dealership and have the appropriate employee contact the customer.
“While I’ve got you on the phone…”
There is a common theme with these calls that customers suddenly realize a variety of questions that they would like to ask about their vehicle maintenance or even sales. Customers ask about availability of certain new cars they have seen or about test drives. With these calls, we speak casually with the customer and offer to schedule a time for a salesman to be available to meet them at the dealership. We then contact the agent representing the dealership to contact the sales manager who will work to make this sales opportunity a reality.
Follow Up Statistics
– Nearly 40% of customers are contacted by CES
– 90% of customers reached on phone want more information about PCP
– 15-20% of customers reached place an appointment within two weeks
Shown above is a dealership before and after these phone calls were performed. You can clearly see a huge jump in service redemptions occurring immediately after the follow up process began.
Per the National Sales Executive Association,
– 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
– 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
– 12% of sales people make more than three contacts
– 2% of sales are made on the first contact
– 3% of sales are made on the second contact
– 5% of sales are made on the third contact
– 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
– 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
Creating and using a follow-up system is a guaranteed way to grow your business. In fact, with less than 52% of all sales people following up with their prospects, you will not only grow your business, but you will stand out amongst your peers. As shown above, 80% of sales are made in the fifth to twelfth contact — eliminating competition is as easy as consistently following up with your customers.
Industry Statistics Continued
Below are the statistics as to why businesses lose customers:
3% Moved away
5% Formed other relationships
9% Left for competitive reasons
14% Dissatisfied with product
68% Indifferent to product due to inactivity/dissatisfaction towards one or more persons representing the company
These calls not only help the customers return to the dealership with sales possibilities, but they also bring back more appreciated and satisfied customers. Customers who were previously dissatisfied with their purchasing experience change their tune immediately when finding out the dealership is actively reaching out to them and attempting to save the customer money.
Most people view dealerships as a “Get their money and get them out the door” factory, but these calling services can help change that perception while clearly driving up service production.
Automated Calling Features
People May Interact with Phone Keys
“HIT 7 NOW FOR A CALL-BACK WITH MORE INFORMATION”
“HIT 1 TO BE TRANSFERED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE”
“TEXT ‘GO’ TO THE FOLLOWING NUMBER IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR INFO WITHOUT SPEAKING TO A CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE VIA EMAIL”
Phone Key Option Benefits
Calling customers during the workday can cause issues with many customers. However, by offering them options we can nullify those concerns. If they are busy, they can receive a callback later or they can instantly speak with a customer representative. These are the two most conventional callers. However, many Millennials prefer to not speak to anyone and want everything digitally; so we have a text option. By 2020, customers will manage 85% of their interaction with the enterprise without interacting with a human. [Source: Gartner]
Multilingual Text to Speech
We provide outstanding quality for multilingual text to speech phone calls. Use our simple tool for medical information, appointment reminders, and delivery notifications. Using a template and data will dynamically create a personalized message. Our system automatically detects the written language and speaks it in 51 different languages.
You Decide What Caller ID is Displayed
Display your organization’s or call center’s phone number for robocalls so that customers can easily return your calls. Free talk time transfer calls will be connected to the same number as shown for the caller ID that you choose to display.
Send Messages Directly to Voicemail
Use our ring-less voicemail option to deliver messages directly to a person’s voicemail without their phone ringing. This option is popular with many companies that do not want to disturb customers with phone calls or text messages. (Service does not work with about 20% of phones.)
Customized text messages can be sent instantly to customers. These can include links to the PCP websites with details on their accounts along with their personal login information. We can also receive questions or comments from the customers or ask for action replies from the customer to receive login information.
Custom Solutions Provide Automation
We provide custom functionality that interface with your legacy systems. We currently provide many solutions for state and local governments that notify benefit recipients about termination of benefits, appointment reminders, and possible fines and fees with each solution using Custom Business Logic.
You may reach out to customers in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Asia using our simple-to-use system by adding 011+CC+local number.